Wednesday 24 May 2017

Edited photos in the style of Andy Gotts

After having looked at my artists work, I began to realise that I needed to get up into the studio as this is the place in which Gotts shoots. Although the majority of his pieces are taken on black backgrounds, I took mine on both black and white so that I could compare after editing them. Due to the fact that I am looking at animals and humans, I decided to use a double exposure so that I could show both of them in one photo. These are the results:











Overall, I really like the outcome of these photos. However, I prefer the photos that are taken on a black background as it gives depth to the photo and gives the photo a more dramatic atmosphere. This also links more to Gotts' work as he mostly uses a black background. Furthermore, I also like the photos that have the human pulling a similar expression as the animal. For instance, in the lion double exposure, my subject is roaring, just like the lion. This portrays the idea of humans being similar to animals. In my next shoot, I am going to take more portraits on a black background and get the subject to pull different expressions that mimic animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COURSEWORK EVALUATION.

From the very beginning of my coursework, my main intention was to show the differences in animals and humans in my work, however I abando...