Sunday 7 May 2017

Framework of research for the next four weeks.


At the end of week 1:

· I will have printed off more visual influences and started to bullet point main aspects of the work that I am mostly interested in.

· Due to the fact that I am thinking of doing a triptych, I am going to look into a variety of examples of them to see what kind of compositions there are; this will then let me know if I want to carry this on. I will take links down from the websites I look at and write down my overall thoughts from this research, outlining why or why not I decide to use this in my work.

At the end of week 2:

· I will create a questionnaire that will ask the participants what they think about my chosen artists work as this will help me in the future when it comes to interpreting their work myself. (I am going to ask some of my friends to take part as well as some of the people in the art class that I teach at my old high school; if I have time, I might even try to create an online questionnaire using Survey Monkey).

· I will then write an evaluation of this part of the research with visual references, describing what the common results were.


At the end of week 3:

· I am planning on visiting the Tate Liverpool and creating multiple pages making observations from my visit that will include: pictures, receipts, descriptions and small analysis of my favourite pieces of art. I will even include visuals from the website and how I found out about the gallery.

· I will also have a look at what similarities there are between humans and animals as this will allow me to get a much better understanding of my chosen theme as this may also spark some ideas that I have never thought about before.


At the end of week 4:

· I will have gone shopping for any key materials that I will need when experimenting with the way that my artists work. From what I have looked at so far, I think that the majority of materials I will be buying are: different kinds of pens, watercolours, inks and different kinds of background materials.

· Before actually buying these materials, I will look online for the best possible prices and quality, whilst also copying links and taking screenshots of the products. Possible places to buy from include: Ryman, The Range, The Works, WHSmith and The Art Café in Hinckley.

· I will have started and completed three fully analysed written pieces of work, discussing each of my chosen artists and their work in detail. (The word count for each artist will be approximately 1000 words).




No comments:

Post a Comment

COURSEWORK EVALUATION.

From the very beginning of my coursework, my main intention was to show the differences in animals and humans in my work, however I abando...