Monday 5 June 2017

Installations and my new edited photos

Installation art is a large scale, mixed media creation that usually takes up a specific area. Most of the compositions are spacious designs that allow the viewer to walk around or through it so that they can contemplate the reason behind the artwork. Rather than a space that shows different pieces of art, an installation is one that is unified so that the whole area or room comes together as one. Usually, the way in which the viewer has to view the artwork, is a major theme in their composition.


Artists and their work:


Cornelia Parker – Parker is an artist who uses a whole room to exhibit her artwork to create the impression of something exploding and being destroyed.


The wood has been suspended from the ceiling in a spacious way to show the movement of the materials as they move outwards from the focal point. The light in the centre of it all casts shadows around the room presenting the idea of the darkness slowly taking over. Rather than the wood creating a natural feeling to the artwork, the way in which they are shown gives the idea of something very abnormal happening. The fact that the composition is in the centre of the room allows the viewers to see the artwork better and walk around it so that they fully understand the work.







Trafik Kör – Kör suspends his photography on the side of walls, yet each photo is pushed outwards from the wall as each photo is fixed onto different sized boxes.
The fact that he has pushed each photo out from the wall could show how each individual object in the photos are not your usual objects and that they are separated from normality. On the other hand, the regular shape of the cube gives that sense of normality and balances out the juxtaposition between the two differences. The fact that they are pushed out from the wall allows the viewer to believe that there is more to see behind each photo (gives depth to the composition).

My photos:
After having edited these photos, I am happy with the outcome considering that it I have only just started experimenting like this. Although that in the photos where I have placed the animal’s print over the face, the outcomes are a little strange, I like the effect that it has (I wanted to show that humans are similar to animals). It creates a surreal impression, similar to that of Amy Hamilton’s work and in the majority of the photos, I have used a black background with a vignette, just like Andy Gotts.
If I was going to transfer the layout of my pieces to that of an installation, I would suspend my work off of the ceiling or the wall as I think this would create depth in the composition. It would suggest that behind a human there is always layers and that each human has an animal inside of them, spiritually.
Here are some examples of the photos that I created:



No comments:

Post a Comment

COURSEWORK EVALUATION.

From the very beginning of my coursework, my main intention was to show the differences in animals and humans in my work, however I abando...