Wednesday 24 May 2017

Best Photos 04/05/17

The following are my best photos from Thursday's lesson:


Image 1












Image 2











Image 3









After having looked at the contact sheet that I have made with all of the photos from Thursday's lesson, I have come to the conclusion that these are the best. However, I don't like the quality of the photos as they were taken on an I Phone 5s rather than a DSLR. With image 1, I was trying to show a more neutral face where I just had the subject smiling rather than pulling a different facial expression. I think this works as a basis of what I can compare with. Meanwhile, for image 2, I asked Carina to act surprised and this was the result; although the facial expression shows surprised, I think that I would have liked it to be slightly more serious than funny, however I think that it is an image that I can work from. Moreover, I think image 3 links more to may artists, Andy Gotts' work, more than others due to the fact that the facial expression is more unique and quirky; I think this would be a good photo to then draw from in my work.

The following are my best photos from previous shoots:



Image 1







Image 2






After having looked back on some previous shoots that I did with a friend to help improve my photography skills, these two photos are my favourite. I really like image 1 as it shows different emotions such as anger and frustration and I think that I would be able to draw from it really well in the style of Vince Low, however I don't particularly like how you can see the body in it as I am only focussing on faces at the moment. Meanwhile, in photo 2, I really like the use of the black background as it allows depth into the image, unlike some of the others. It is similar to image one that I shot of Carina, however the quality of the image is much better as I used my canon DSLR and I shot this in an actual studio.



No comments:

Post a Comment

COURSEWORK EVALUATION.

From the very beginning of my coursework, my main intention was to show the differences in animals and humans in my work, however I abando...