Sunday 26 November 2017

Plan for final outcome.

After having created sketchbook work for preparation for my final outcome, I have decided that I am going to be creating a triptych of framed photos that have been worked on top of to illustrate the idea of animals and humans being similar to one another.


Artist influence for the piece:

  • Vince Low - I am using influence from his work through the expressive line in the animal drawings that I am going to involve in my work; I loved his use of chaotic lines to create a highly expressive piece.
  • Agnus Cecile - After looking at Ceciles work, I was fascinated by her use of expressive marks and colour to convey a certain mood or emotion when thinking of the piece. I am going to use colours and marks that help express the nature of the animal successfully. For example, in the first composition, I am going to use red and harsh marks as I think it represents the ferocity of the lion fairly well.
  • Flora Borsi - As I have a similar concept to Borsi, I can relate to her work better than the others and I am using a similar layout in each composition as well as same colour schemes in each individual piece to show the common ground between animals and humans.
  • Andy Gotts - The inspiration that I got from his work was the use of unique facial expressions and this is what I will use to my advantage; my subject will have a similar facial expression to the animal that I am trying to show in each piece.


Equipment/materials that I will need:

  • Printed photos of subject with animal drawings on top (edited through photoshop)
  • String (to connect the pieces together)
  • 3 photo frames (A4)
  • Acrylic paint (Red, yellow, blue, white and black)
  • Ink (Red and Blue)
  • PVA glue
  • Paintbrushes
  • Bubblewrap (for texture)
  • Cotton wool (for texture)
  • Cling film (for texture)
  • Cardboard (for texture)
  • Fibreboard (for texture)
  • Coloured thread/string (yellow, green, orange - for texture)
  • Bright tissue paper (for texture)
Final Outcome plan change
After creating the butterfly piece, I began to think that I was becoming a bit too disrespectful of the photos, meaning I had to be more subtle. As I like working with photography, I am planning to create a series of photos in the studio that has the model positioned in the centre of the shot (for balance) and then placing some acetate sheets in front of the models face to slightly disrupt the photo. I will be placing the butterfly illustration on top of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COURSEWORK EVALUATION.

From the very beginning of my coursework, my main intention was to show the differences in animals and humans in my work, however I abando...