Wednesday 15 November 2017

Past students work that I am inspired by:

After having talked to my teacher regarding my work, he pointed me towards a body of work that a previous student had created from their time in A Levels as he though that it would link well with my work. These are a couple of compositions from their body of work:
My favourite aspect of these pieces are the fact that the artist has managed to manipulate the photos in a unique way that contribute towards the overall piece and atmosphere. I really like the subtle marks that are added to the photo and how they can affect the mood of the piece. For instance I like the drips on the portrait of the boy as this makes me think of their emotions being drowned out and becoming a puddle of feelings instead. Also as the photo is quite dark, I think that they have been very creative and smart by using dark colours as this benefits the subtlety of the composition.
After looking at these pieces, I think that I need to work into the photos more in a way that I can use marks and colour to benefit the piece. I will start off by using a photo multiple times and creating a variety of different marks and tactile experiments on them to see what looks best with the photo itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COURSEWORK EVALUATION.

From the very beginning of my coursework, my main intention was to show the differences in animals and humans in my work, however I abando...