Wednesday 15 November 2017

Using sellotape transferral for my photos

Rather than using acetate to work on top of and behind my photos, I wanted to use the sellotape transferral method for them as I think that this shows more skill and it allows me to make certain areas of the piece translucent when compared to more opaque areas.

Step by step of process:
My first step was to place sellotape over the photo so that each strip is layered slightly over one another, however I had to try and get the sellotape as flat as possible so that there were as little air bubbles as possible.
After the previous step, I dampened the scouring side of the sponge with Luke warm water and then in a circular motion I started to scrub the paper off of the sellotape as this would leave the ink on the sellotape and then create an acetate like piece.
The step of scrubbing the paper away can be repeated with multiple sellotape photos in different ways, especially if you just wanted to only make some areas of the photo translucent. The translucent parts can be seen when held up at the light. 
I am going to use these sellotape transferrals so that I can create marks on top of and behind them to see which provides me with the best outcomes. If I end up wanting to go down the hand made piece route rather than the digital route then this will be the technique that I use.

UPDATE (21-11-17)
I have created a couple of experiments with the use of these sellotape transfers however, I don't like them as they block out too much of the marks that I want to show and the use of the sellotape leads to the photo becoming slightly dirty. I placed the photo over some marks yet I don't think this worked as well as it did when I was applying marks over the image itself rather than underneath it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COURSEWORK EVALUATION.

From the very beginning of my coursework, my main intention was to show the differences in animals and humans in my work, however I abando...